Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Are those triplets?

We don’t take the kids out in public very often mostly just because it’s alot of work! Now that they are getting older and I’m not so worried about germs, we have been trying to take them out more often. They love to be out and around people and I have to admit I like taking them out and showing them off. I am so proud of our babies and it is fun to take them out! Everyone in our community has been really supportive of our family too, so it is good to take them out so people that have been praying for us can actually meet them.

As you can imagine, we tend to attract alot of attention wherever we go. I for one, had never before seen quads until I had my babies, so it is pretty amazing to actually see living, breathing quadruplets. The reactions we get from people are really pretty funny. Some people just stare, some point, some look the other way (are we THAT funny looking????) some people come up and talk to us like they are our best friend. Some people try to tell me how to parent my children, which really drives me crazy! I don’t tell you how to take care of your singleton, don’t tell me how to take care of my quads! Some people feel the need to touch my kids or ask if they can hold one of them. Uh, no, you can’t hold my kids, I don’t know you!

The best is the questions and comments that we get. Some of them are just downright silly! Here are some examples of a few.

-Are those all yours???????

-Are they ALL the same age?

-Do you have a daycare? (sometimes I feel like I do, they just never go away!)

-You have three boys and a girl? (Duh! That’s why three of them are dressed the same!)

-How do you do it?

-I’m glad it’s you and not me! (me too, if that’s how you feel!)

-I bet you are exhausted! (We sure are!)

-Oh that poor little girl with three brothers! (Yeah right, she will be just fine, trust me!)

-Are you gonna have any more? (this is sometimes asked with a horrified look on their face. My answer? Maybe!)

-Did you have help getting pregnant? (Yes, by my husband! Seriously though, do I ask if YOU went through fertility treatments to have your kids? I don’t mind answering that question when it’s my friends asking, but a stranger? Come on!)

And my personal favorites?

-Are those triplets? or Are those two sets of twins? (Um, yeah, they’re triplets and Parker just so happened to be born at the same time! Or, yes, they are two sets of twins, I just had them all at the same time! silly people!)

It’s all in good fun, and I actually do enjoy all the questions and comments, well ok, I enjoy MOST of them! I love my kids and am very proud of who they are and what they are! I love taking them out and introducing them to the world! The questions can keep coming our way and I will gladly answer them!

Hope you all are having a great day!

1 comment:

Jen (momx3lovesbooks) said...

I did warn you about this didn't I? LOL

My favorite question is..

Do multipules run in your family? Yes as a matter of fact they do run. They skip and walk too.

Are they natural? No..we had the antennas removed at birth.

Crazy people!

Thankfully we don't get those questions to often anymore, because Wyatt has about 20 pounds and at least 8" on Blaine & Abby. Now we hear "How much older is your oldest boy?"